A 1-day extension course to compliment our BILD Accredited programmes for those who work with children, young people and adults who are Autistic.
The course has been developed by the PRICE Training team of Instructors alongside other professionals who have an extensive background of working with, and delivering services that support people with Autism.
This is a foundation level course, ideal for those who have a duty of care to children, young people and adults as part of their daily job. The course seeks to raise an awareness and understanding of Autistic behaviour alongside the impact and implications for carers/professionals engaging in Physical Intervention.
This course is tailored to the individual nature of your service and can include physical techniques as part of the programme. A summary of the programme is as follows;
- To support participants in developing their understanding and awareness of Autism and reasons for behaviour.
- To develop individualised support plans to Autistic people in relation to their behaviour.
- To recognise types and causes of behaviour and use these to develop proactive and preventative strategies in responding to behaviour.
- To understand the relationship between personal and environmental setting conditions and communication in respect of Autism and behaviour.
- To reflect upon the Triad of Impairments.
- Develop understanding of sensory issues in challenging behaviour in individuals with Autism.
- To develop the use of low arousal approaches.
- Consider behaviours to avoid by workers.
- Develop skills in balancing programmes (physical, social, educational, community).
- Undertaking effective recording practice.
- Explore the use of Physical Interventions in managing challenging behaviour and risk in an Autism framework.
- Consider the management of self and issues of social validity.
To discuss your training needs, contact us on: 0845 618 2687